If you want to talk about major airlines in the world and you forget Emirates Airlines, then… certainly, you barely know much about Aviation. Over 4 million passengers traveled with emirates Airline in 2018.
So, here is over 30 facts about Emirates Airline you need to know from the History, cabin crew, Fleets, Outstanding achievements, and most especially, Other travelers noted facts about Emirates Airline. Meanwhile, We will like you to drop your experience if any with Emirates Airlines.
1. Emirates Airline is a subsidiary of Emirates Group, the popular airline is based in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.it is wholly owned by the government of Dubai’s Investment Corporation of Dubai. With a capital of $10 million (AED 36.7 million) and 2 used Boeing 727-200 aircraft in 1985, Emirates has come a long way to be one of the world’s leading airlines.
2. When it comes to revenue, Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East in terms of revenue, fleet size, and passengers carried. Also, Emirates generates 36.5% of its revenue from Europe & Americas & spends 35.1% of its revenue on fuel.
3. According to the latest annual report by IATA, Emirates ranks as the largest airline in the world by international seating capacity
4. The main hub for Emirates Airline is at Dubai International Airport
5. Dubai International Airport’s Terminal 3 was built exclusively for the use of Emirates at a cost of $4.5 billion and officially opened 14 October 2008.
6. Emirates Airlines Terminal 3 is the largest building in the world by floor space, with over 1,500,000 sq. m. (370 acres) of space.
7. As of September 2019, Emirates operates to 161 destinations in 85 countries across six continents from its hub in Dubai. It has a particularly strong presence in the South and Southeast Asian regions, which together connect Dubai with more international destinations in the region than any other Middle Eastern airline. However, The latest destinations which were added in 2017 include – Newark via Athens, Phnom Penh and Zagreb.
8. The Airline operates three of the ten world’s longest non-stop commercial flights from Dubai to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Houston.
9. Starting with Mumbai and Delhi, Emirates Airlines has progressively grown its Indian network to 176 weekly flights across nine destinations, including the non-hub airports of Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, and Thiruvananthapuram.
First Flight to Mexico in Dec 2019
10. According to a reliable source, Emirates will be launching a new daily service from Dubai to Mexico City via Barcelona, beginning Dec. 9. The Mexico City flight will run on Emirates’ Boeing 777-200LR with 38 seats in business and 264 in economy
11. On 25 October 1985, Emirates flew its first routes out of Dubai with just two aircraft—a leased Boeing 737 and an Airbus 300 B4.
12. Emirates has a fleet size of over 258 aircraft, this is one of the largest fleet sizes in the world. Boeing 777-300ER. The backbone of the Emirates fleet, The Airline currently have nearly 130 Boeing 777-300ERs, with many more on order
13. The Dubai based Airline is the largest operator of the A380, with the 100th A380 joining its fleet in October 2017. Furthermore, the airline had 41 more A380s on order, which would have increased the number of A380s in service to 142.
14. Emirates is one of the only nine airlines in the world to operate an all wide-body aircraft fleet. The name ‘wide-body’ comes from the peculiar characteristic of the aircraft – the wide hull. Such airplanes are very spacious and can accommodate from 200 to 850 passengers.
15. At the Dubai Air show in 2017, Emirates places US$15.1 billion order for 40 Boeing 787 Dreamliner
Emirates Airline has the quietest large aircrafts
16. Dubai based airline always care about environmental impact. The creation of the Airbus A380 is the best example. It’s one of the quietest large aircraft with the lowest noise ratings and its GP7200 engines help to increase fuel efficiency by 14%. With an average age of just over six years, Emirates Airlines has one of the youngest fleets of any airline!
17. Emirates organizes one of the highest cabin crew open day Annually inviting over 112 cabin crew applicants from over the world.
18. Emirates employs 11,785 cabin crew from over 122 countries speaking over 80 languages. Their uniforms are designed by Simon Jersey plc
Emirates Cabin crew undergo extensive cabin crew Training
19. Emirates Cabin crew undergo intense but fun 8- weeks of cabin crew Training on everything from “delivering great service to delivering babies if they have to.” They are also trained in so many different aspects like safety, security.
20. When it comes to inflight entertainment, ICE (Information, Communication, Entertainment) is the in-flight entertainment system operated by Emirates, and features between 600 and 1000 channels, the largest offering in the world.
21. It’s is also the only airline in the world where every seat comes with a personal screen. Therefore, you certainly know what you get!
22. Emirates Airlines was named the World’s Best Airline 2016 at the prestigious Skytrax World Airline Awards 2016. Furthermore, The Firm also won in the best in-flight entertainment category. No wonder, which other airline offers you an ice entertainment system with incredible 2689 channels to choose from, Wi-fi connection and endless collection of movies ranging from the latest blockbusters, award-winning television box sets, live TV and computer games.
23. Emirates Is not Part of Any Alliance but has codeshare agreements
The Dubai Based Airline is one of the major airlines in the world which is not part of any alliance. The 3 major airline alliances, Star Alliance with members such as Lufthansa or Thai Airways, One World with British Airways or Qatar Airways and also SkyTeam with Aeroflot or China Southern have always tried to convince the Middle Eastern giant to join their programs and join the team, without any positive result.
Meanwhile, CEO Sir Tim Clark isn’t a big fan of those networks and rather stay independent. Although, Emirates does have codeshare agreements with airlines such as Qantas, South African Airways or SriLankan.
24. Emirates has code-share agreements with 23 Airlines
Emirates has made code-share agreement with Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Silk Air, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, TAP Portugal, Thai Airways, Virgin America, Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific, Garuda Indonesia, JetBlue, Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, and also Korean Air.
25. Emirates a sponsor of Well-Known Football and Cricket Team in The World
Meanwhile, Emirates is not only a very successful airline but also a well-established brand around the world, with a big focus on sponsoring sports events and clubs around the world, especially football teams.
The Airline is one of the main sponsors for clubs such as Real Madrid, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain or Arsenal London Benfica, Hamburg SV, New York Cosmos, Olympiacos, the Emirates FA Cup, The Arabian Gulf League, and also the Asian Football Confederation.
The home ground of Arsenal is called the Emirates, one of the most modern football arenas on earth. Emirates was also a main sponsor of the FIFA World Cup, and in 2014, when Mario Gotze scored the winning goal for Germany against Argentina, the Emirates logo happened to be shown on the advertising board behind the goal seen by approx. 3 billion all over the globe.
It has a very impressive history in sponsoring football teams, clubs, and matches. Shirts, caps, and trousers are used with the airline logo and tag line “Fly Emirates” on it.
Finally, Emirates is one of the biggest sponsors in the cricket game. They sponsor Cricket Australia, Pro Arch Tournament, Lord’s Taverners, Durham County Cricket Club, Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Lancashire County Cricket Club, and many others
26. Emirates has the biggest Membership Flyer Program
Skywards, the frequent flyer program of Emirates has 16 million members.
27. There are no direct flights between Israel and the UAE
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) does not recognize Israel as a state, and the two countries do not have public diplomatic or economic relations. With that, there are no direct flights between Israel and the UAE so all travel must transit through a third country (such as Jordan), and no Israeli aircraft may enter UAE airspace.
28. Skytrax Awards for Four Times
The Dubai based carrier is extremely popular and the brand itself was valued at 7 Billion US-Dollars in 2016. But the airline was also awarded as Skytrax Airline of the year in 2001, 2002, 2013 and 2015. It is the biggest honor an airline can receive within the industry.
Every year, more than 21 Million air travelers from around the world are asked to leave their opinion which results in an annual Top 100. In 2017 Emirates was voted as the 4th best airline behind Qatar Airways, Singapore and ANA from Japan
29. Over one Million Instagram followers on Facebook
on social media, Emirates becomes the world’s first airline with one million Instagram followers and launches the world’s first interactive amenity kit in Economy Class.
30. The Airline Established the most advanced flight training academy in the world.
In 2017, Emirates opens Emirates Flight Training Academy, designed to be the most advanced flight training academy in the world.
Our Conclusion on Facts About Emirates Airlines You Need To Know
Emirates in recent years has proven strong and reliable when it comes to service and organization. However, This is one Airline that is unstoppable. We will like you to share your own experience with Emirates Airlines.